We take great pleasure and pride in breaking the good news that Dr. Jyotirmay Biswas the head of our Uvea department and a veteran in this specialty of ophthalmology made a distinct mark for himself and Sankara Nethralaya in the 71st All India Ophthalmology Society meet’ the prestigious annual congregation of ophthalmic professionals, held at Coimbatore between the 21st to the 26th of February 2018. The expert’s acknowledged mastery over his specialty and the acclaim he enjoys became apparent by the fact that his subject matter expertise and critical contributions were sought in almost every key activity at the meet
We take pride in sharing a few below
- He gave an insightful talk titled ‘Uvea X files in Post graduate teaching programme.’
- He was chosen to play the role of Judge in a novel initiative in academic research titled ‘ Think under the apple tree’
- He participated actively in a session titled ‘ A case of acute retinal necrous, a Uveitis society of India breakfast course’
- He delivered a talk on the relevance of Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) in the diagnosis of Uveitis, titled ‘Uveitis: Search for the Cause’
- He delivered a talk on ‘Movement from clinic to Lab:Molecular biologic study in the instruction course “ Learning Uveitis from clinical cases’
- Delivered a talk in ‘clinicopathological correlation in conjuctival and cornea pathology’. In the instruction course of ophthalmic pathology for clinicians.
- He was chosen as the Judge for the Post Graduate thesis competition
- His papers titled 1. Swept source ophthalmologic coherence sonography in serpiginous choroiditis 2. Ocular Bechet’s disease – A report from South India, clinical profile of sarcoid uveitis in a tertiary care centre in South India were extremely well received
- He was selected to play the role of ‘Chief Instructor’ for the course ‘Uveitis” Search for the cause’
The crowning moment came when Dr Jyotirmay Biswas was honoured as “International Ophthalmic Heroes of India” in a special function held at the event attended by 6000 eye care professionals.
The Sankara Nethralaya family salutes the head of its Uvea department and the acknowledged leader in his subject for keeping the Sankara Nethralaya flag flying high in a most prestigious meet and wishes him many more accolades in his professional journey.